Monthly Engagement Update Posted
April 15, 2021
Katherine Sparkes, Senior Director, Emerging and Demand Side Resources will provide opening remarks on the IESO’s innovation-related activities supporting Ontario's future system needs. Candice Trickey, Director, Corporate Affairs will follow with an update on engagement activities and opportunities to provide input around stakeholder priorities.
The April 21-22 engagement meetings include:
- Enabling Resources: an overview of priority projects and timing needs related to the development of an integrated plan to enable the participation of existing electricity resources in the market.
- Hybrid Integration Project: an introduction to the proposed schedule of activities and draft definitions related to enabling participation of co-located and hybrid facilities in the market.
- Resource Adequacy: a brief discussion of the mid-term framework mechanism, further details on administrative enhancements planned for the 2021 Capacity Auction, and draft scope for a review of the hourly demand response baseline methodology.
- Improving Awareness of System Operating Conditions: an update on phase one and an introduction to phase two, including a more detailed overview of the advisory notice framework and operating states.
- Testing, Training, and Market Participant Readiness for MRP: a high-level overview of the upcoming testing and training activities and future opportunities for engagement.
Attendees can participate in any or all sessions, and pre-registration is recommended. To facilitate discussion during the webinars, stakeholders are encouraged to review the posted presentation materials in advance. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.