Ontario Reliability Compliance Program
The IESO uses the Ontario Reliability Compliance Program (ORCP) to monitor, assess and enforce compliance with reliability standards and criteria in Ontario. Under this program, market participants that are subject to compliance with NERC standards and NPCC criteria are required to:
- Self-certify their compliance status with the reliability standards actively monitored by the ORCP
- Self-report potential breaches of reliability standards, indicating actions taken or that will be taken to resolve the breach
- Respond to any other reliability data submittal requests by the IESO under the ORCP
Documents referenced on this page, but not posted, can be obtained by contacting MACD@ieso.ca with a link to the web page that lists the document, the document name and date, and advising whether it needs to be provided in an accessible format. Please allow a minimum of one business day for a response.
While market participants are required to comply with and be able to demonstrate compliance with all applicable reliability standards at all times, only a subset of these requirements is monitored for compliance in a given year. The standards selected for monitoring in a given year are set out in the schedules below.
- 2020 Reliability Standards Compliance Monitoring Plan
- 2019 Reliability Standards Compliance Monitoring Plan
- 2018 Reliability Standards Compliance Monitoring Plan
- 2017 Reliability Standards Compliance Monitoring Plan
- 2016 Reliability Standards Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Ontario Reliability Compliance Program - Data Submission Schedule
Reliability compliance reporting tool
Market participants must use the reliability compliance tool to manage their compliance self-certification and reporting requirements.
The reliability compliance reporting tool is available through Online IESO to the following registered participant roles:
- Market participant compliance contacts
- Market participant escalation contacts
- Market participant emergency preparedness and restoration contacts
Reliability Compliance Tool Training presentation (available upon request).
Market Manual 11.2: Ontario Reliability Compliance Program (IESO_PRO_0874)
Market Manual 11.3: Reliability Information Catalogue (IESO_CAT_0011)
Market Manual 11.4: Ontario Bulk Electric System (BES) Exception (IESO_PRO_0875)