September Stakeholder Engagement Meeting Materials
September 9, 2021
The remaining meeting materials will be posted over the coming week, and a communication will be sent to registered participants when materials are available. In addition, Distributed Energy Resource stakeholder presentations will be posted as soon as they are available.
The September engagement meetings will include:
- Opening Remarks from Lesley Gallinger, IESO President and CEO: a discussion of some of the drivers transforming Ontario’s electricity sector, including emerging technologies, decarbonization, and growing electricity supply needs. Remarks will focus on Lesley’s view of what’s needed for a reliable, sustainable, and affordable electricity future.
- Hybrid Integration Project: an update on next steps of the draft enabling resources work plan and a presentation of the foundational participation models for hybrid resources.
- Phasor Data: an update on the proposed market rule and draft market manual amendments specifying synchrophasor monitoring requirements, as well as a discussion of qualitative benefits and quantitative cost ranges.
- Stakeholder Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Presentations: DER stakeholders will be presenting their perspectives on the technologies that are most likely to benefit Ontario and how they should be incorporated into wholesale markets.
- DER Potential Study: an introduction to the DER Potential Study project plan, presentation of the initial assessment of DER technologies recommended for inclusion in the study, and outline of other parameters and considerations that must be decided upon for the study.
- Resource Adequacy: a continuation of the discussion around the medium term RFP, presentation of preliminary results of the Hourly Demand Response baseline methodology review, and opportunity for discussion of design enhancements for the 2022 Capacity Auction.
- Planning Forecasting Methodology Changes: an update on the Planning Forecasting Methodology changes that will be included in this year’s Annual Planning Outlook and future assessments.
- Market Renewal Program (MRP) Implementation: an opportunity for stakeholders to ask clarification questions on the market power mitigation batch of market rules and market manuals. Stakeholders can register for the meeting
Stakeholders are encouraged to submit questions for all September meetings in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attendees are welcome to participate in any or all sessions, and pre-registration is recommended. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.