Monthly Engagement Update Posted
May 20, 2021
The May Engagement Update, which provides the current status and next steps of all active engagements, is now available, and all meeting materials for next week’s sessions have been posted. To facilitate discussion during the webinars, we encourage participants to review the posted presentation materials in advance.
The May engagement meetings include:
• Gas Phase-Out Impact Assessment: an overview of the current role that natural gas generation plays in Ontario, a discussion of the proposed approach to assessing the reliability, cost, operability and timing issues that would need to be addressed should a phase-out of natural gas be considered, and an opportunity for stakeholder feedback on the scope of the assessment.
• MRP Implementation: an opportunity for stakeholders to ask questions and provide feedback on the Independent Review Process for Market Power Mitigation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit questions in advance of the discussion.
• Engagement Feedback Session: an opportunity for stakeholders to provide input around current engagement activities and practices and their future engagement priorities. Questions will be circulated to facilitate discussion.
• Resource Adequacy: a discussion on transition to qualified capacity/UCAP and a minimum target capacity for the Capacity Auction, and further details on the 2021 Annual Acquisition Report.
• Improving Accessibility of Operating Reserve: an update on the status of proposals to address the issue of inaccessible operating reserve and opportunity for stakeholder feedback on draft market rules and manuals.
All are welcome to participate in any or all sessions, and pre-registration is recommended. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.