Skip Links
Sector Participants > IESO News > Floor Prices for Variable Generation - Update

News and Updates

Floor Prices for Variable Generation - Update

December 3, 2015

Following the conclusion of the Floor Price Review Stakeholder Engagement, the IESO indicated it would proceed with the proposed change to the Floor Price regime for variable (wind and solar) generation. Under the proposed change, the floor price for wind output for up to 90 per cent of registered capability and the entire registered capability for solar PV generation would change from -$10 to -$3; there is no proposed change to the floor price for the remaining 10 per cent of a wind generator's registered capability which remains at -$15. This proposed change will be brought forward for IESO Board approval. If approved, the change would take effect in Q1, 2016.


< Back to IESO News