April Stakeholder Engagement Meetings – Agenda Posted and Registration Open
April 1, 2021
The agenda for the April Stakeholder Engagement Meetings is now available, and registration is open.
Katherine Sparkes, Senior Director, Emerging and Demand Side Resources, will kick-off the meetings with an update on innovation-related activities the IESO is undertaking to support Ontario's future system needs. Candice Trickey, Director, Corporate Affairs, will provide an update on engagement activities and opportunities to provide input around stakeholder priorities.
The April engagement meetings include sessions on:
- Enabling Resources: an overview of priority projects and timing needs related to the development of an integrated plan to enable the participation of existing electricity resources in the market.
- Hybrid Integration Project: an introduction to the proposed schedule of activities and draft definitions related to enabling participation of co-located and hybrid facilities in the market to support Ontario's future system needs.
- Resource Adequacy: a discussion of the mid-term framework mechanism, further details on administrative enhancements planned for the 2021 Capacity Auction, and draft scope for a review of the hourly demand response baseline methodology.
- Improving Awareness of System Operating Conditions: an update on phase one and an introduction to phase two, including a more detailed overview of the advisory notice framework and operating states.
- Testing, Training, and Market Participant Readiness for MRP: a high-level overview of the upcoming testing and training activities and future opportunities for engagement.