May Stakeholder Engagement Meetings – Agenda Posted and Registration Open
May 6, 2021
The agenda for the May 27-28 stakeholder engagement meetings is now available, and registration is open. The May engagement meetings include:
- Gas Phase-Out Impact Assessment: an overview of the current role that natural gas generation plays in Ontario, a discussion of the proposed assessment approach, and an opportunity for stakeholder feedback on the scope of the assessment.
- MRP Implementation: an opportunity for stakeholders to ask questions and provide feedback on the Independent Review Process for Market Power Mitigation.
- Engagement Feedback Session: an opportunity for stakeholders to provide input around current engagement activities and practices and their future engagement priorities. Questions will be circulated to facilitate discussion.
- Resource Adequacy: a discussion on transition to the use of qualified capacity/UCAP for the Capacity Auction, presentation of initial thoughts on establishing a minimum target capacity, and opportunity for stakeholder input on considerations.
- Improving Accessibility of Operating Reserve: an update on the status of the proposals to address the issue of inaccessible operating reserve and opportunity for stakeholder feedback on draft market rules and manuals.