Update on recent Technical Panel Determinations
July 9, 2015
The Technical Panel met on July 7 and recommended that the IESO Board of Directors approve four amendments, and requested comments from stakeholders on three sets of rule changes.
The Technical Panel has recommended that the IESO Board of Directors approve the following market rule amendments when it meets on August 26:
- MR-00416: Demand Response Auction – Participant Authorization and Registration
- MR-00417: Adequacy Reporting Refresh
- MR-00418: Outage Management Process Redesign
- MR-00421: Transmission Rights Clearing Account Disbursement Methodology
The Technical Panel requests comments on the following market rule amendment proposals:
- MR-00416: Demand Response Auctions – Auction Parameters proposes to amend the market rules in order to establish demand response auction parameters, IESO pre-auction and post auction reporting obligations, and demand response auction mechanics to determine auction clearing prices and quantities.
- MR-00416: Demand Response Auctions – Energy Market Participation proposes to amend the market rules in order to establish energy market participation requirements for hourly demand response resources and dispatchable load facilities with a demand response capacity obligation.
Stakeholders are asked to provide comments on the two Demand Response Auction amendments by July 27 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The proposals are based on stakeholder consultation as part of the Demand Response Auction stakeholder engagement.
The Technical Panel has determined that the following warrants consideration:
- MR-00423: Limiting Constrained-Off Payments on Interties proposes to limit constrained-off congestion management settlement credits (CMSC) for all intertie transactions. Specifically, market participants who are offering to inject or withdraw energy over an intertie shall not be eligible for CMSC payments where the transaction is constrained-off in the final pre-dispatch run prior to the dispatch hour.
Stakeholders are asked to provide comments by July 27 on the related market rule amendment proposal MR-00423-R00 by email to email@example.com.
This proposal is based on the Addressing Constrained-Off Payments for Ontario Interties stakeholder engagement.