SME Steering Committee
The Smart Metering Entity (SME) Steering Committee acts as an advisory panel to the IESO in its role as the SME for Ontario. It is a stakeholder committee that represents the interests of MDM/R service recipients. The SME Committee is made up of representatives from local distribution companies and the IESO in its role as SME.
The SME Steering Committee has the opportunity to:
- Provide input in the ongoing development of the Terms of Service and the MDM/R manuals and procedures
- Provide input on the SME’s provision of MDM/R services and adherence to the committed service levels as prescribed in the Terms of Service
- Consider amendment proposals forwarded by the SME, MDM/R service recipients, or initiated by the SME Steering Committee
- Participate in the consultations, when requested by the SME on amendments to the MDM/R manuals and procedures
SME Steering Committee meetings are held five to eight times per year. Regular meetings include a one-hour MDM/R operations teleconference that is open to all LDCs in the province. For more information about attending the open session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Meeting Dates
- January 27, 2017
- March 28, 2017
- June 20, 2017
- September 12, 2017
- November 21, 2017
SME Steering Committee currently consists of nine members, eight of which were nominated by the Electricity Distributors’ Association; one member represents the SME. Five LDC members are the minimum required for a quorum and an SME/IESO representative must attend. Current members are:
- Tracy Manso, Entegrus Powerlines Inc.
- Shelley Parker, Horizon Utilities Corporation
- Danny Relich, Hydro One Networks Inc.
- Michel Provost, Hydro Ottawa Limited
- John McClean, Powerstream Inc.
- Andy Armitage, Thunder Bay Hydro
- Kevin Myers, Veridian Connections Inc.
- Marianne Blasman, Waterloo North Hydro
- David Chongtai, IESO in its role as SME