Does Ontario have enough supply?
How can I cut my electricity costs?
How does the provincial power system operate?
The answers to these and other questions can be found in IESO publications.
Here, you can find the latest information about Ontario's electricity market and system and how they affect you.
MANAGING YOUR ELECTRICITY COSTS
Understanding how and when your facility uses electricity will have an impact on your business’s bottom line. Actively managing your electricity use demonstrates to your customers and community that your organization is committed to managing its electricity costs.
MANAGING YOUR ELECTRICITY COSTS:
a guide for business
Understanding how and when your facility uses electricity will have an impact on your business’s bottom line.
THE ELECTRICITY INSIDER
The Electricity Insider provides information on prices, the Global Adjustment and the role consumers can play in the electricity market. Subscribe
- Electricity Insider – Issue 2, Vol. 4, May 2013
- Electricity Insider – Issue 1, Vol. 4, February 2013
- Electricity Insider – Issue 4, Vol. 3, November 2012
- Electricity Insider – Issue 3, Vol. 3, August 2012
- Electricity Insider – Issue 2, Vol. 3, May 2012
- Electricity Insider Issue 1, Vol. 3, February 2012
- Electricity Insider Issue 3, Vol. 2, November 2011
- Electricity Insider Issue 2, Vol. 2, June 2011
- Electricity Insider Issue 1, Vol. 2, February 2011
- Electricity Insider Issue 2, Vol. 1, October 2010
- Electricity Insider Issue 1, Vol. 1, July 2010
ELECTRICITY MARKET BULLETIN
Periodically, the IESO releases information bulletins for consumers to understand different facets of Ontarios electricity market. Subscribe
SMART GRID FORUM
Modernizing Ontario's Electricity System: Next Steps
The forum's second report assesses the status of recommendations from the initial report, identifies what barriers remain to their implementation and recommendations to overcome those barriers, and highlights the considerable progress that its members representing utilities, government, public agencies, academia and the private sector have made to date.
Smart Home Road Map
A detailed Smart Home Roadmap was also created to show consumers how development of the smart grid over the next 5, 10 and 20 years will enable exciting new technologies and services for the home.
Enabling Tomorrow’s Electricity System
The report released by Ontario’s Smart Grid Forum calls for a co-ordinated effort to increase reliability, develop economic opportunities and promote environmental sustainability through smart grid technologies.
ELECTRICITY MARKET FORUM
Reconnecting Supply and Demand (Report of the Chair of the Electricity Market Forum)
In light of ongoing change in the electricity market, the IESO created the Electricity Market Forum to address the future role and development of the IESO-administered markets. With members from across the sector, the Forum examined emerging issues that impact market activity and the effectiveness of the price signal. It was also charged with drawing a series of recommendations for the implementation of market improvements which can be found in this report.
POWER SYSTEM RELIABILITY
ONTARIO RELIABILITY OUTLOOK
The Ontario Reliability Outlook updates the progress of interrelated transmission, generation and demand-management projects required to meet future reliability needs.
- Ontario Reliability Outlook December 2009
- Map: Electricity Supply, Generation & Transmission Highlights
- Map: Electricity Demand, Smart Meter Initiative Highlights
- Ontario Reliability Outlook December 2008
- Ontario Reliability Outlook (Vol. 2, Issue 2, December 2007)
- Ontario Reliability Outlook (Vol. 2, Issue 1, March 2007)
- Ontario Reliability Outlook (Vol. 1, Issue 2, June 2006)
- Ontario Reliability Outlook (Vol. 1, Issue 1, February 2006)
ABOUT THE IESO
Power to Ontario. On Demand.
What is the Independent Electricity System Operator? Read about the IESO's roles and responsibilities in managing Ontario's power system and the wholesale electricity market.
This publication reports on corporate developments and financial performance throughout the previous year.
To order a paper copy of one of these publications please e-mail email@example.com.
The documents on this page can be viewed using Adobe Acrobat Reader.