Market Renewal Roundup for November
November 30, 2017
- There is a new brochure explaining market renewal’s mission and objectives. The intended audience is those who know little about electricity or the sector’s plans to reinvent the electricity marketplace.
- Leonard Kula, VP of the IESO’s Planning, Acquisition and Operations business unit, addressed those attending APPrO’s annual conference. He provided attendees an overview of the market renewal objectives, what’s been happening on the project in the last few months and his vision of what the market will look like once all the market renewal initiatives are in place.
- The Market Renewal Working Group met at the end of November. The Working Group’s Non-emitting Resources Subcommittee gathered for the first time at the beginning of the month.
- Incremental Capacity Auction stakeholder engagement participants met and discussed defining the capacity product; performance obligations and assessment; and, flexibility considerations.
- There was the third meeting of the Day-Ahead Market stakeholder engagement where market power mitigation; price formation; and settlements design elements were discussed.
- There was also a meeting of the stakeholder group designing the Single Schedule Market. The Enhanced Real-time Unit Commitment stakeholder engagement met for the third time at the end of November.
- Capacity Exports and Enabling System Flexibility stakeholder engagements have moved under the market renewal umbrella.