Save the Date: IESO 2017 Regional Electricity Forums
August 24, 2017
The IESO is hosting five regional electricity forums across Ontario as a means to engage with consumers, communities and businesses about the evolving electricity sector and its impact on regional needs. These forums are an extension of the IESO Stakeholder Summit held in May that focused on a North American perspective of an evolving electricity sector.
The regional forums will be full-day sessions and will take place in the following locations:
- Northwest ON – Thunder Bay – October 18
- Northeast ON – Sudbury – November 9
- Eastern ON – Ottawa – November 16
- Southwest ON – London – November 23
- GTA and Central ON – Vaughan – December 11
The conversations at the regional forums will discuss the evolving provincial electricity system, with a focus on issues relevant to the individual regions. Speakers will include a mix of industry and local leaders.
There is no registration fee to attend the forums and the following audiences, among others, will be invited:
- Municipalities and municipal associations
- Indigenous representatives
- Local Distribution Companies
- Local Advisory Committee members
- Businesses and customers, boards of trade and chambers of commerce
- Local post-secondary institutions
- Gas utilities
- Local sustainability/conservation groups
Please continue to visit the Regional Electricity Forums webpage for updates.