Call for nominations for IESO Dispute Resolution Panel members due May 17
May 1, 2019
The IESO Board of Directors is calling for nominations of qualified individuals to join the IESO Dispute Resolution Panel (Panel). The duties of the Panel are to mediate and arbitrate disputes regarding the application and interpretation of the IESO market rules. Panel members are delegated the authority to impose penalties and make orders and directions as specified in the market rules.
The Panel is comprised of at least three qualified persons with experience in the arbitration or mediation of disputes. Each member of the Panel is independent of the IESO and the market participants. Panel members are appointed for a five-year term. The Honourable Mr. Dennis O’Connor, Q.C. has been appointed by the IESO Board as Secretary of the Panel.
- Qualifying Panel members should, if possible, satisfy the following minimum criteria:
- A minimum of 10 years’ practice as a lawyer or judge;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an arbitrator and/or mediator in complex commercial disputes;
- Familiarity either through experience or formal education in power systems;
- Experience with regulated electricity markets.
In addition, Panel members will be expected to:
- Confirm they have no conflict of interest;
- Confirm timely availability;
- Accept the rate schedule to be approved by the IESO Board of Directors; and
- Sign a Code of Conduct in a form approved by the IESO Board of Directors.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, May 17, 2019. Please submit nominations, on behalf of yourself or another individual, by e-mail together with the nominee’s resume to the attention of:
Michael Boll, Associate General Counsel & Board Secretary