High Performance New Construction
The High Performance New Construction (HPNC) initiative provides design assistance and financial incentives for facilities that exceed typical electricity efficiency standards.
You can participate in the HPNC program if you are an eligible company constructing a new building or undergoing a major renovation project. To qualify:
- The project must be in Ontario.
- The project must comply with the 2012 Ontario Building Code (OBC).
- The project must be intended for commercial, institutional, or industrial use.
There is a wide range of energy-efficient solutions that can help organizations operate their businesses more efficiently and improve their bottom line. Incentives are available for energy saving equipment such as lighting, motors, pumps, compressed air, unitary air conditioning, variable frequency drives, and control systems.
There are three application options for a HPNC incentive:
- Prescriptive: The Prescriptive track provides the ease of selecting from a defined list of end-use measures that come with a corresponding per-unit incentive.
- Engineered: The Engineered track consists of a series of pre-set calculation worksheets that help estimate the reductions electricity consumption with the installation of more energy-efficient equipment.
- Custom: The Custom track is available for more complex or innovative solutions not covered in the prescriptive or engineered tracks.
How to Participate
All HPNC projects must be approved by the IESO before implementation. For more information on the Industrial Accelerator Program, please contact an IESO Business Manager at email@example.com. Additional information on application and participation requirements can be found in the program documents below.
- HPNC - Alternative Energy Measures for Service Hot Water Eligible Measures
- HPNC - Alternative Energy Measures for Space Cooling Eligible Measures
- HPNC - Agribusiness Eligible Measures
- HPNC - Lighting Eligible Measures
- HPNC - Motors Eligible Measures
- HPNC - Multi-Residential In-Suite Appliance Eligible Measures
- HPNC - Synchronous Belt Eligible Measures
- HPNC - Unitary AC Eligible Measures
- HPNC - Variable Frequency Drive Eligible Measures