Changes to microFIT program for version 4.0 - April 7 2016
The IESO is preparing to introduce microFIT 4.0, which is planned for mid-2016.
Changes to the microFIT program for version 4.0 will include:
- A new fuel type/price category will be created for solar photovoltaic (PV) rooftop applications that are 6 kilowatts (kW) or smaller. The current 2016 price for solar PV rooftop will apply to projects larger than 6 kW.
- In-series metering will be allowed if permitted by the local distribution company.
- Projects will be required to be connected within 180 days of receiving an Application Approval Notice.
- Requirement for all applicants to provide a signed and notarized declaration confirming they have access to their My microFIT Homepage, understand the microFIT rules, and other aspects of the program
- Provisions will be introduced related to payments when the microFIT contract is in breach.
The new fuel type/price category for solar PV rooftop applications that are 6 kW or smaller will only be available to applications submitted under microFIT version 4.0. All microFIT version 3.3 applications that do not receive an Application Approval Notice by the time version 4.0 is released will be terminated. Applicants who want to continue to be considered for a microFIT contract will be required to submit a new application under version 4.0.
Please continue to monitor the microFIT website for future updates and information relating to microFIT 4.0.