Industrial Accelerator Program (IAP) is designed to assist eligible transmission-connected companies to fast track capital investment in major energy conservation projects. The program will provide financial incentives to encourage investment in innovative process changes and equipment retrofits to reduce electricity consumption on the provincial system and to help companies become more competitive by positively impacting their bottom line.
The IAP was recently extended to December 31, 2020 to give transmission-connected customers continued opportunities to pursue energy savings as Ontario works towards achieving the province's long-term energy targets.
In response to feedback from stakeholders, the IESO has made and is continuing to make changes to enhance the IAP. These enhancements will improve the customer experience in the program and streamline the administration requirements to encourage greater participation from eligible customers.
There are now four initiatives under the Industrial Accelerator Program:
Process & Systems, including Small Capital Projects
High Performance New Construction
Energy Managers – a new initiative under the Industrial Accelerator Program
For more information on the Industrial Accelerator Program, please contact an IESO Business Manager at
Subscribe to receive updates on the Industrial Accelerator program.
The Industrial Accelerator Program is eligible to entities connected to the IESO transmission grid. Firms with eligible facilities located in Ontario are listed in the table below. If your organization is not on the list and believe it should be, please contact an IESO Business Manager at
- Alamos Gold Inc.
- Algomatubes Inc.
- Arcelormittal Dofasco Inc.
- Arlanxeo Canada Inc.
- ASW Steel Inc.
- Atlantic Packaging Products Ltd.
- AV Terrace Bay Inc.
- Barrick Gold
- Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
- Carmeuse Lime (Spragge) Limited
- Cascades Canada ULC
- Cytec Canada Inc.
- De Beers Canada Inc.
- Detour Gold Corporation
- Domtar Pulp and Paper Products Ltd.
- Dyno Nobel Nitrogen Inc.
- EACOM Timber Corporation
- Enbridge Inc.
- Essar Steel Algoma Incorporated
- First Nickel Inc.
- Flakeboard Company Limited
- Ford Motor Company of Canada
- General Motors of Canada Ltd.
- Gerdau Ameristeel Corporation
- Glencore Canada Corp.
- Goldcorp Canada Ltd.
- Haley Magellan Aerospace
- Hamilton Health Sciences – McMaster University Medical Centre
- Hamilton Specialty Bar (2007) Inc.
- IBM Canada Ltd.
- Imperial Oil Limited
- Ingredion Canada Inc.
- Ivaco Rolling Mills 2004 L.P.
- Jungbunzlauer Canada Inc.
- KGHM International Inc.
- Kirkland Lake Gold
- Lafarge Canada Inc.
- Lake Huron & Elgin Area Water Supply Systems
- Lake Shore Gold Corp.
- McMaster University
- Milman Mining Inc.
- National Research Council Canada
- Norbord Inc.
- North American Palladium
- Nova Chemicals (Canada) Ltd.
- Novelis Inc.
- Oxy Vinyls Canada Co.
- Panabrasive Inc.
- Resolute Forest Products
- Shell Canada Products
- St. Marys Cement Inc.
- Sun-Canadian Pipeline Company Limited
- Suncor Energy Products Inc.
- Tembec Enterprises Inc.
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Cnd. Inc.
- U.S. Steel Canada Inc.
- Vale Canada Limited
- Wesdome Gold Mine – Wawa
- Weyerhaeuser Company Limited